Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
The South Sound Food Summit is the premier event for those dedicated to the improvement of the South Puget Sound food system. This conference will inform, organize, connect and support local community efforts to optimize the growing demand for local, fresh, healthy food, both for today and for our future. This forum provides a valuable opportunity for businesses and organizations to build connections and engage with these key food system stakeholders, including consumers, students, policy makers, buyers, farmers and food producers. Don’t miss this ground floor opportunity to join us as we work to build a strong, vibrant local food system for all.
JOIN US AS WE:
- Increase awareness of the interconnectedness of the food system and its vulnerabilities
- Connect sellers and buyers to increase economic sustainability
- Learn the impacts the food system has on the community and individuals
- Motivate the conference participants to become change agents in the food system
- Understand existing policy issues and challenges
- Build a regional network of Food Policy Stakeholders
- Assist in developing both a personal and community-wide action plan for strengthening our local food system
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals and consumers from the private and public sector engaged in the food system including:
- State, Regional& Local Policymakers
- Non-profit Leaders
- Health Planners
- Local Producers
- Experts in food and nutrition
Questions: Please contact Lynn Edwards, (253) 405-7910 or email@example.com