Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
SJSU 2013 EXPO Volunteer Registration
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PST)
San Jose, CA
SJSU 2013 EXPO Job/Internship Fair
Note: If you're NOT a SJSU employee or student, you must complete an additional form (sorry) after you register. The form can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7642f5q0kjuas6n/Volunteer%20Appointment%20Form.pdf. Print it, complete Section I, and questions 1 & 2 and sign it. Email a scanned copy to email@example.com or fax it to 408.924.6099. On the form, you will be asked if you've been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony; answering yes will not necessarily exclude you from volunteering.
Thank you for volunteering to assist the SJSU Career Center in launching our SJSU 2013 EXPO Job/Internship fair! We anticipate over 100 employers and approximately 500+ recruiters/representatives. Below are details about the various roles available to volunteers.
When prompted, please check ALL available roles that interest you and ALL available time slots.
Non SJSU Employees:
Daniel Newell (firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.924.6028)
Christa Bacon (email@example.com or 408.924.6054)
Note: As matters arise, you may be asked to assist with tasks not listed below. You will be notified in advance if we need you for alternative roles.
1) Drop-off (needed between 9:30AM-12:30PM)
- Carry materials employers drop-off to their tables for set-up
2) Volunteer Check-in (needed between 10AM - 4:00PM)
- Check-in volunteers and explain their duties/schedule
3) Crowd Control (needed between 11AM - 4:30PM)
- Talk with employers, collect trend information and ensure crowds stay orderly
4) Door Monitor (needed between 11AM - 5PM)
- Secure doors and ensure students enter and exit through the appropriate doors
5) Employer Greeter (Needed between 9:00AM - 1:00PM)
- Greet employers when they arrive and show them where to register
6) Employer Host (needed between 9:00AM - 12:30PM)
- Walk employers to their tables and explain basic logistics
7) Accommodation Table (needed between 11AM-5PM)
- Assist students with disabilities in employment counseling and accommodations
8) Employer Registration (needed between 9AM - 4:30PM)
- Register employers upon their arrival
9) Lunch Ticket Collection (needed between 10AM - 4:30PM)
- Collect lunch tickets and help keep the area clean
10) Student Exit (needed between 1PM - 5PM)
- Collect evaluations from students and introduce them to additional resources
11) Student Registration (needed between 11AM - 4:30PM)
- Register students upon arrival
12) Employment Coach (needed between 12PM - 5PM)
- Provide career coaching, resume critiques, and employment advice/resources to job seekers