Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Corduroy Appreciation Club 1111 2010 Grand Meeting With Keynote Speaker Jesse Thorn
Thursday, November 11, 2010 from 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM (EST)
On the date which most closely resembles Corduroy, 11|11! , we shall convene for the 5th Annual 1111 Grand Meeting of The Corduroy Appreciation Club.
Here is everything you need to know, now, about our Grand Meeting:
- Our Keynote Speaker is the delightful Public Radio wunderkind, Jesse Thorn, Host of PRI's The Sound of Young America, and Put This On, a show about Dressing Like a Grownup!
- We will be meeting in a new and wonderful location. The magnificent, General Society for Tradesmen and Mechanics Library on 44th Street in New York, NY. There are giant card catalogs and curiosities.
- The President of The Corduroy Appreciation Club will give a stirring address about our organization, the state of Corduroy, the never-ending battle against velvet and our special plans for 11 11 11—the date which most closely resembles Corduroy, EVER!
- The 11/12 Project Will Be Launched!
- The Beer Which Most Closely Resembles Corduroy Shall be revealed (and tasted)!
- A short Film About Corduroy Will be Premiered!
- And perhaps some other wonderful things will occur......
- Strange Ritual Practice (No photography please)
- Awards for Exemplary Usage of Corduroy
- Awards for Best Corduroy Dressed
- Corduroy Inspired light fare and Drink
TWO CORDUROY ITEM RULE IN EFFECT! Of course...
Hail the Wale!