Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Three Powerful Strategies For Thriving While Practicing Law
Friday, December 21, 2012 from 8:15 AM to 12:00 PM (CST)
In this foundational program, approved for 3 Dual CLE credit hours, Candice Reed and Dave Shearon will help lawyers be better lawyers (and feel better, too) by teaching basic skills and strategies for increasing your commitment, energy, and engagement in the practice of law. You’ll leave this seminar with an action plan you can implement right away, plus a basis for future work tailored just to you.
You should attend this program if:
· You want to experience greater profesional engagement, satisfaction and success
· You are responsible for leading or managing attorneys
· Your day-to-day work as a lawyer leaves you dissatisfied, drained, or depressed
· Your practice is ok, but the rest of your life isn’t going so well
At the end of this program, you will know:
· That you are not alone – the practice of law is tough
· That things can be better and change is within your control
· The Five Challenges that are unique to the practice of law
· Scientific evidence that you can learn, practice, and master approaches to these challenges that will help you overcome them, thrive, and become a better, more effective lawyer in the process
· Ways to effectively lead other attorneys and support a culture of engagement
You will learn three strategies for thriving:
· Meeting Challenges with Strengths
· Pragmatic Optimism through Flexible & Accurate Thinking
· Right Spotting (as opposed to Issue Spotting)
You will leave this program with:
· Four Actions Steps – one for each strategy, plus a bonus! - written in a way that will greatly increase your likelihood of success
· Insight in how to add to your skill set over the next six months in ways tailored to you so as to accelerate your progress
What have others said about programs by Candice & Dave?
“A once-in-a-lifetime type of event”
“I feel more hopeful & optimistic just to have attended!”
8:15 - 8:45 Registration, Coffee
8:45 - 9:45 It's Not You - It's the Law! Law's Five Challenges to Thriving
9:45 - 10:05 Meeting the Challenges with Strengths-Based Purpose
10:05 - 10:20 Break
10:20 - 11:30 Meeting the Challenges with Flexible & Accurate Thinking
11:30 - 11:45 Meeting the Challenges with Energy
11:45 - 11:55 Right Spotting (vs. Issue Spotting)
11:55 - 12:00 Action Planning, Evaluation
When & Where
Thriving Lawyers: Candice Reed and Dave Shearon
Candice Reed, JD, MAPP: Candice is a frequent speaker on topics ranging from attorney wellbeing to cultivating business opportunities through positive relationships and capitalizing on employees’ strengths to increase their workplace engagement and professional success. In addition to practicing law, she works as a consultant and coach for lawyers and their firms on issues relating to workplace engagement, career development and transition, professional satisfaction, and business development. In 2011, she founded Candice Reed Consulting, which offers a variety of services – from individual coaching to workshops, associate training programs and recruiting and placement services.
Dave Shearon, JD, MAPP: Dave, the former Executive Director of the Tennessee Commission on CLE & Specialization, has taught thriving and resilience skills internationally since 2006 to thousands of lawyers, law students, educators, and military personnel. His presentations get outstanding reviews and he’s glad, because it is the most satisfying work he has ever done! In addition to his role as co-founder of Thriving Lawyers, Dave is co-author of SMART Strengths: A Parent-Teacher-Coach Guide to Building Character, Resilience and Relationships in Youth.