Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
NOCCA's Musical Theatre division presents the hilarious LUCKY STIFF
New Orleans, United States
NOCCA invites the public to the student production of Lucky Stiff, a hilarious murder mystery musical. Performances will be held nightly from November 14 – 17 at 7pm, with a Saturday matinee on November 17 at 2pm. All performances will be held in NOCCA’s Nims Black Box Theatre, located at 2800 Chartres Street, New Orleans.
Students from across the region will be featured in the production, including:
- Elizabeth Carson, Haynes Academy, Jefferson Parish
- Adler Hyatt, St. Martin’s Episcopal, Jefferson Parish
- Jonathan May, Haynes Academy, Jefferson Parish
- Amaiya Holley, Warren Easton, Orleans Parish
- Nigel Ra’off, International High School, Orleans Parish
- Austin Pecot, Hahnville High, St. Charles Parish
- Katie Pintado, Destrehan High, St. Charles Parish
- Trey McCoy, East St. John High, St. John the Baptist Parish
- Abby Gardner, Mandeville High, St. Tammany Parish
- Katherine Hebert, Fontainebleau High, St. Tammany Parish
- Dominic Fontana, Fontainebleau High, St. Tammany Parish
- Chris Milligan, Slidell High, St. Tammany Parish
- Madison Monroe, Christ Episcopal, St. Tammany Parish
About Lucky Stiff
This zany production, written by lyricist Lynn Ahrens and composer Stephen Flaherty, is filled with one-liners and guaranteed to be a good time. The show is a wild ride that follows an English shoe salesman as he tries to win his inheritance by taking his dead uncle’s corpse to Monte Carlo for a vacation. The plot includes mistaken identities, glittering diamonds, and an evening of utter lunacy. Lucky Stiff is produced through an agreement with Dramatists Play Service.
New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA)
2800 Chartres Street
The NOCCA Institute
New Orleans Center for Creative Arts (NOCCA) is a world-class educational institution that has been changing the lives of young people since 1973. Every year, this professional arts training center provides intensive instruction in Classical Music, Creative Writing, Culinary Arts, Dance, Drama, Jazz, Media Arts, Musical Theatre, Theatre Design, Vocal Music, Visual Arts, and academics to students from public, private, and parochial schools across Louisiana. Students attend via schoolday, after-school, weekend, and summer sessions. Admission to NOCCA is by audition, and tuition is free. Find out more at www.NOCCA.com.
The NOCCA Institute provides supplemental funding for NOCCA students and advocacy for NOCCA’s world-class program. With the support of corporations, foundations, and individuals across Louisiana and the globe, the Institute has helped turn NOCCA into a flagship professional arts training facility. Some of the Institute’s more notable endeavors include: the Term-Time Financial Aid Program, the NOCCA Summer Term Financial Aid Program, the Summer Study Financial Aid Program, the Artists-in-Residence Program, the capital campaign for NOCCA’s current home and future capital expansion, and numerous arts programs for the general public. Learn more about the Institute at www.NOCCAInstitute.com.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not offer refunds on purchased tickets. However, if you need to shift your tickets from one performance to another, we'll do our best to accommodate you!