Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Proposed Changes in the European Medical Device Directive 2012/0266 (COD): A Practical Approach to the New Regulations
Wednesday, November 21, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 10:00 AM (PST)
This EU MDD webinar will help you understand and recognize the most significant changes proposed for the new European Medical Device Regulations: 2012/0266 (COD). You will learn which procedural changes your company should be making now so that you stay in compliance throughout the transition period and reduce potential delays to new product introductions in the EU market.
Why Should You Attend:
The M5 version of the MDD (i.e. – the 2007/47/EC amendment to 93/42/EEC), implemented on March 21st of 2010, resulted in minor and major nonconformities throughout the medical device industry during annual Notified Body audits. The 2007/47/EC amendment reclassified some high-risk devices from to Class III devices and the amendment made Clinical Evaluations mandatory for all products (i.e. – Essential Requirement 6a). For some companies, it took more two years to achieve compliance. These were minor changes when compared to the 2012/0266 proposed regulation. These proposed regulations are approximately twice as long as both of the previous directives (MDD & AIMD) combined.
Learning about these changes and understanding how the changes will affect your company will allow companies to revise and update their policies and procedures prior to the implementation period. A better understanding of the changes will avoid unnecessary nonconformities and delays to new product introductions in Europe.
This course has been designed to help you understand and recognize the most significant changes proposed for the new European Medical Device Regulations: 2012/0266 (COD). You will learn which procedural changes your company should be making now so that you stay in compliance throughout the transition period and reduce potential delays to new product introductions in the EU market.
Areas Covered in this Session:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all medical device companies in evaluating their anticipated CE Marking applications and any supplemental changes. The focus will be on practical approaches for addressing the proposed changes in the Medical Device Regulations for Europe—released September 26, 2012. Critical changes with significant impact include:
- device classifications.
- clinical investigation requirements.
- clinical evaluation requirements.
- UDI implementation and implant cards.
- role of economic operators.
- Notified Body (NB) selection.
- Medical Device Coordination Group (MDCG).
- vigilance & post-market surveillance requirements.
- post-market clinical follow-up studies.
- sources of post-market data.
Who Will Benefit:
This topic applies to personnel / companies in the medical device industry. The employees who will benefit most include:
- Senior management
- Regulatory affairs
- Quality Assurance
- Engineering / R&D
- New product development teams
- Marketing and Sales
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.