Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Employees vs. Independent Contractors – Understanding Legal Differences and Staying Compliant
Wednesday, November 28, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
Employers can be exposed to the liabilities as Dept. of labor and IRS is cracking down employers who characterize lawful employers as contractors. This webinar will help you understand the legal criteria that distinguish employees from contractors and you will also learn ways to minimize risk when using contractors.
Why Should You Attend:
Failure to comply can be costly and getting the classification right is good policy.
The Department of Labor and the IRS appear to be cracking down on employers who characterize persons who are lawfully employees as contractors. Employers who misclassify could be exposed to significant liability. This webinar will discuss the IRS’ 11 point test and other criteria used to classify workers and clarify the distinctions between employees and contractors. Also, you will be provided with tools to use in classifying your workers as employees or contractors. It may be particularly helpful for small businesses without HR Departments.
At the end of this session, the speaker will handle your specific questions and address any challenges you have/had in understanding the legal differences between employees and contractors.
Areas covered in this webinar:
- What Statutes are Relevant to Classification?
- The IRS Tests for Classification.
- Statutory Employees?
- What Constitutes Control over Work Sufficient to Make a Worker an Employee?
- Leased Employees and Temporary Employees?
- Drafting Independent Contractor Agreements. Conducting Self-audits.
Date: November 28, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-11:00 AM PDT
Cost: $149 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.