Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Austin Cloud User Group Meeting October 16 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 6:00 PM (CDT)
ACUG Monthly Meeting - CloudSec
Come join us for the next Austin Cloud User Group meeting. If you are interested in cloud computing, and somewhat close to Austin, this is the group for you! All are welcome. The ACUG meeting will be Tuesday, October 16, 2012 from 6:00-8:00 PM at Pervasive Software.
Speaker: Mike Craigue of Dell will speak on “Dell's Security Consulting team–how do we interact with Cloud Services offerings?”
6:00-6:10 Mix and mingle and food/drink from our sponsor
6:10-6:30 Group business and "what's new in the cloud" group discussion.
6:30-8:00 Presentation by Mike CraigueIntro - 5 minutes (this is not a sales talk; we'll cover what Mike's team does, and what Dell organizations we influence)
- How does Dell evaluate a cloud provider, and what is our perspective on the CSA's Controls Matrix? (5 minutes)
- How does Dell's Security Consulting team assist with Services offerings? (5 minutes)
- Discussion: what has to be considered on the service provider side in the event that a customer VM is compromised? (discussion, 20 minutes)
- what level of monitoring is appropriate?
- what is the incident management sequence of events? (notify the customer, disable network access, have customer address the issue, restore service...)
- How would Dell advise internal Dell teams who want to use a Dell Services offerings, for example with Infrastructure as a Service? (20 minutes)
- Discussion: How do you make decisions about what data to host in the cloud? Should you reserve cloud hosting for lower-risk data? (discussion, 20 minutes)