Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sharing the Gift of HOPE, One Child at a Time: Dinner and Live Auction
Friday, January 25, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
help us share the gift of HOPE with terminally-ill children on End of Life care
Abby’s Gift has become a valuable asset in stepping in to support children in hospice care and their families during this unimaginable journey. Because of our hospice journey with Abby, the following are just a few of the needs we experienced and offer through Abby’s Gift:
- more appropriate home health equipment (equipment suited for an infant may not be available through the hospice provider or covered by insurance)
- support and resources for the siblings of the dying child (books about dying, counseling, play therapy)
- financial resources to enable the parent(s) to stay home during the final days of their child’s life (for those where vacation time is not available or an option)
- a professional family portrait taken in their home (donated by local photographers)
- financial assistance for funeral services
Abby's Gift is 100% volunteer operated. This allows donations to go directly to our mission and purpose, not to staffing and operations. We are governed by a board of directors and a medical advisory team. Assistance provided to patients/families is based solely upon recommendations from the patient physician, hospice nurse, or social worker.
please join us