Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Safety Committees - How they Help with OSHA Compliance and Improve Safety
Friday, November 9, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will guide you in setting up a safety committee, defining its role, setting goals and evaluating them to measure its success.
Why Should You Attend:
Safety committees are a requirement of a number of state safety laws and Federal OSHA is moving forward on a proposed regulation requiring them as part of every employer's written safety plan. Some states provide discounts on workers' compensation insurance premiums for companies with safety committees. Used effectively, they can help engage employees in safety and reduce accidents.
This webinar will guide you in setting up a safety committee, defining its role, setting goals and evaluating them to measure its success. The presenter will address practical issues in running a safety committee, the Do's and Dont's and examples of committee activities. You will learn how to make this committee a visible and approachable body for safety or health complaints and suggestions, and help divert OSHA complaints.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- OSHA and Safety Committees.
- Why have a safety committee.
- Myths about Safety Committees.
- $ Value of Safety.
- Defining the role of your Safety Committee?
- Setting Goals for the Safety Committee.
- Practical issues in running a Safety Committee.
- Safety Culture and the Safety Committee.
- Benefits to members for serving on a Safety Committee.
- Training the Safety Committee.
- Committee Do's and Don'ts.
- How a Safety Committee can gain credibility.
- Examples of Committee Activities.
- How to measure success.
Date: November 09, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-11:00 AM PDT
Cost: $149 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.