Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Non-inferiority Trials: Practical Issues and Current Regulatory Perspectives
Thursday, November 8, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar will examine and highlight differences among non-inferiority (NI) trials, equivalence, and superiority study objectives and designs. It will also review current FDA guidance for NI clinical studies.
Why Should You Attend:
Basic non-inferiority (NI) clinical study designs appear to provide a straight-forward approach for evaluating whether a new drug or medical device is an appropriate substitute or replacement for a current standard treatment. In these studies the typical comparison is between a new drug and an active control with the goal of demonstrating that the new drug is “not inferior” to the standard treatment by “too large” a margin. Traditional approaches to demonstrating NI of a new drug amounted to a simple acceptance of the null hypothesis of no difference between that drug and an active control, but these are currently recognized as inadequate to support a claim of NI.
This webinar will examine the philosophy and assumptions underlying NI trials by highlighting the differences among NI, equivalence, and superiority trials with regard to basic clinical study designs and appropriate hypothesis tests, power and sample size, and conceptual and statistical analysis differences. We will conclude with a review of current FDA guidance for NI clinical studies.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Description and comparison of NI, equivalence, and superiority study objectives and designs.
- Zeroing in on the specific clinical question to be asked.
- Decision tree for choosing the appropriate design to answer the specific clinical question.
- Why assay sensitivity matters and what you can do to maximize it.
- How to determine the appropriate or acceptable “margin” of inferiority.
- Appropriate hypothesis tests and statistical interpretation. (for non-statisticians).
- FDA guidance.
Date: November 08, 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-11:00 AM PDT
Cost: $249 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.