Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Graduate Doctor of Clinical Psychology Information Session
Tuesday, December 4, 2012 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (CST)
Chicago, United States
The goal of the PsyD Program at Roosevelt University is to train skilled practitioners who are able to diagnose and treat psychological problems. Our practitioner-scholar program seeks to produce clinical psychologists who demonstrate several essential core competencies, including the ability to
- accurately assess client problems by combining knowledge of psychopathology with the ability to establish rapport and work with clients of diverse backgrounds;
- conceptualize ways in which developmental processes, personality, and environment contribute to clients’ psychological health and distress;
- select, implement, and evaluate appropriate psychological interventions using a variety of theoretical perspectives and therapeutic modalities;
- recognize the influences of individual and cultural differences in assessment, case conceptualization, treatment planning and implementation;
- base their knowledge and practice on the historical and scientific traditions of psychology;
- work productively and professionally with others;
- conduct their clinical and academic work in a manner consistent with rules of ethics, standards of practice, and legal requirements.
Graduates will also have the capability to critique, design, and execute research focused on clinical problems and services and to articulately present the results of their scholarship to others. Interested and qualified students, after completing a master’s degree, may teach undergraduate psychology courses with the guidance of the Instructor Development course. Our university home also allows students to enhance their psychological training with relevant experiences from other disciplines. Discover more about the program at www.roosevelt.edu/psychology.
You're invited to learn what it means to be a student in our PsyD program!
When & Where
Roosevelt University Office of Admission
877-APPLY-RU or 877-277-5978
Undergraduate admission: applyRU@roosevelt.edu
Graduate admission: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office of Admission locations
425 S. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
1400 N. Roosevelt Blvd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Admission office hours
Monday – Thursday 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Other times are available by appointment