Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
New Finalized HITECH Amendments to HIPAA
Friday, January 25, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PST)
Palo Alto, CA
This 90-minute webinar will help you review your HIPAA compliance policies, and procedures to see if you are prepared to meet the changes in the HIPAA privacy and security regulations that are expected to be finalized by the end of Summer, 2012 and go into effect just 60 days later.
Why Should You Attend:
New regulations around the release and accounting of electronic records are creating new burdens that your EHR and your medical records department must deal with. There are new patient rights and new provider obligations. You will even have to update your HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices to show how you support the new patient rights under HIPAA as amended by HITECH.
This 90-minute session will review the new regulations and discuss their effects on usual practices, as well as, what policies need to be changed and how. The presenter will explain what policies and evidence you need to produce if you are audited by the HHS Office of Civil Rights. Now that there is a legislative mandate to audit compliance, and a random audit plan well under way, you need to be prepared to respond to audit requests. It’s never been more important to review your HIPAA compliance and meet the new requirements.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- The new regulations will be reviewed and their effects on usual practices will be discussed, as well as what policies need to be changed and how.
- We will discuss what policies and evidence you need to produce if you are audited by the HHS Office of Civil Rights.
- The features that must be available in EHR systems will be described.
- Learn how the new regulations change the way individuals have access to their records, and how much they can find out about who has accessed their records.
- Find out about how Individuals can now request certain restrictions on disclosures that you must honor.
- Learn about the new requirements for disclosers of health information to apply “minimum necessary” standards.
- Understand the new requirements for Business Associates to comply with HIPAA privacy protections and security safeguards and how BAs are subject to enforcement and penalties directly by HHS.
- Find out about how new limitations on marketing and fund-raising may change how entities can reach out to individuals.
- Learn all about how new audit and penalty requirements increase the need to make sure you are in compliance before HHS OCR knocks on the door.
Date: January 25 , 2012
Time: 10:00 AM-11:30 AM PST
Cost: $199 per attendee per computer terminal
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.