Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Apache Hadoop Developer's Track
Saturday, December 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Santa Clara, CA
This training course focuses in introducing Hadoop architecture, Ecosystem and Implementation considerations along with Hadoop development skills of Hive, Pig and in Map Reduce programming framework. Hadoop administration is another area that we would cover briefly which gives a guideline and idea to get started on a stand alone node for learning and going forward to distributed cluster setup and monitoring.
The training course has extensive hands-on labs which make up almost 60% of the total course. We will be using Click Stream, Facebook & Twitter data in these MapReduce, Hive & Pig labs. Every student would get their own Hadoop clusters for performing the lab work, which they can perform individually or in groups. Distributed multinode Hadoop clusters delivered by ClustersToGo.comwould be provided to students. These clusters will have Hive, Pig, HBase as core components. Students can do lab work individually or in groups.
Unix Skill, Java programming knowledge, DB architecture & SQL knowledge.
2 Full Days
- 3200 Coronado Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Virtual Attendance
Developers, Data Scientists, Business Analysts, Managers, Administrators
Before Class – 1 Day before; 6 to 7pm PST
• Meet and Greet students – Online
• Hadoop Setup – Support
• Clusterstogo.com - Overview
• Hadoop Architecture and Background
• Hadoop Ecosystem - Review and Comparisons of Big Data Latest Tools
• Map Reduce Programming & Performance Monitoring
• Big Data Random Access vs. Hadoop's Batch Processing
• Use Cases – Sentiment Analysis, Recommendation Engine, Traffic Control, Messaging, Indexing and more
• Demo – Hadoop Processes and Infrastructure
• Data Load Utility Overview (like Sqoop)
• Hive – System/Data Flow, Architecture, Implementation, DDL & DML
• 60% Lab – hdfs, Hive, Hadoop administration
• Pig - Concepts and ETL
• Map Reduce Programming - Advanced Concepts including high level overview of Mahout
• 60% Lab – Pig, Map Reduce Programming, NoSQL Data Modeling
• Q/A & Support
After Class – 1 Day after; 6 to 7pm PST
• Follow Up Questions and Support
- Hadoop Definitive Guide – by Tom White
- Programming Pig – by Alan Gates
When & Where
Big Data Cloud University
Big Data classes offered “group study “style, with dedicated clusters in hands-on labs, conducted by industry experienced gurus, with a “from-the-trenches’ approach.
For full details, please visit the site.