Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Attendee Registration for HCTM/T^3 Regional Conference Finding Common Ground: Standards, Technology & More
Saturday, January 19, 2013 from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM (HST)
Honolulu, United States
Online registration has closed. Please join us on Saturday and register on-site.
The Annual HCTM Spring Conference for 2013 will be held on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at Sacred Hearts Academy in Honolulu, HI. The conference will be cohosted by
- T^3 (Teaching Teachers with Technology)
- PIMATYC (Pacific Islands Mathematical Association of Two-Year Colleges
Theme: Finding Common Ground: Standards, Technology & More
Our keynote speaker will be Dan Meyer who has set the mathematics education community abuzz with his innovative ideas and novel approaches to the teaching of mathematics. Please join us!
- Attend beginner through advanced technology sessions - as well as limited tech,low-tech, and no-tech sessions
- Learn from experienced educators (local and national)
- Focus on problem solving, logical reasoning, multiple representations
- Receive lots of great classroom activities and ideas
- Return to your classroom re-energized and with a renewed enthusiasm for teaching
- Speak to on-site vendors
- Win prizes to enhance your classroom
- The Human Calculator: Scott Flansburg. How to turn on your own mental calculator!
- Ho'okele Wa'a: Creating a Community of 21st Century Learners by Respecting Culture and Place
- Mathematics INstruction using Decision Science and Engineering Tools: An Alternate Fourth Year High School Mathematics Curriculum
- How to Have the Most Attentive Students at Your School
- The Big Bang Theory and Other Easy-to-Create Interactive Multimedia Publish View Activities
- Common Core Mathematical Practices…Math games…Do they go together?!?!?
- Individualized Learning to help reach standards in Math and English
- Common Core (CCSS) sessions
- TI-73 and TI-83/84 sessions
- TI-Nspire Sessions
- Computer Software / Internet Activities Sessions
- View the complete program at www.hctm.org
- 07:30–08:30 Registration/Exhibitors
- 08:30–09:10 Keynote Address (Dan Meyer 21st Century Teaching)
- 09:20–10:50 Session I (90 minutes)
- 10:50–11:10 Break/ Visit Exhibits
- 11:15–12:15 Session II (60 minutes)
- 12:15–13:25 Lunch/ Visit Exhibits
- 13:30–14:30 Session III (60 minutes)