Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Front Bottoms / The Cheap Girls/ Trepak
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 8:15 PM - Thursday, October 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM (EDT)
The Front Bottoms (Bar/None):
Brian Sella and drummer-bullhornist Mathew Uychich have known each other since they were 10 and 8 years old respectively and have been making music for a lot of that time. It shows in the rich hooks and clever rhythms and the effortless way they string riffs together into surprising song structures. Take a song like “Maps” - it opens with half a Sex Pistols riff before going into an orchestral flourish on keyboards. Then there’s a verse complete with a hillbilly hiccup in the vocal followed by an arpeggio guitar part and full-on raging synthetic strings that lurch into handclaps and an enigmatic chorus “one day you’ll be washing yourself with hand soap in a public bathroom,” And that’s in the first minute and a half of the song.
Cheap Girls have been a band since the spring of 2007. The band was started with simple intentions of playing simple and loud rock songs. A 3-piece, the members are Adam Aymor (guitar), Ben Graham (drums), and Ian Graham (vocals and bass guitar). They've released songs and albums in various forms with help from friends at Rise Records, Paper & Plastick, Quote Unquote Records, No Idea Records, Art of the Underground, Suburban Home, Bermuda Mohawk, Los Diaper and probably one or two others.
Trepak - The fantastic orchestral pop brainchild of Seamus Kenney, of SNMNMNM fame.
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.