Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Free Ramadan Quran Course: Journey Through the Quran
Weekly Event - Every Sunday: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Ilford, United Kingdom
The Quran Study Group presents:
JOURNEY THROUGH THE QURA’N
An intensive course providing an overview of the entire Qur'an for the 5th successive year in Ramadan over 3 Sundays.
Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad Al-Azhari
Sunday 29th July 2012
Sunday 5th August 2012
Sunday 12th August 2012
11am - 6pm each Sunday
(Registration is from 10.30am each day)
2A Ashgrove Road, Goodmayes, Ilford, IG3 9XE
(next to Goodmayes Station)
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to book your place
This course will provide an overview of the structure, themes and guidance provided in each of the 114 chapters of the Qur'an. This will be done by providing a systematic study of each of the Surahs as follows:
· How surah names are related to each Surah and the historical context of it revelations (Asbab al-Nuzul)
· Inter-textual relationship and coherence (Nazm) between the verses of each Surah and the relationship with the preceding/following Surah
· Cross-reference to other parts of the Qur'an to demonstrate how 'the Qur'an explains the Qur'an'
· Discussion on linguistic and stylistic devices (Balaghah), problems with translation/ interpretation and alternative plausible interpretations
· Explanation of key passages in each Surah
· Practical guidance and lessons that can be derived from each Surah
This course will, Insha Allah, definitely enrich your understanding of the Divine Revelation in this blessed month of Ramadan, in which the Qur'an was revealed!!
A unique opportunity not to be missed!
All brothers and sisters welcome!
There will be opportunities to buy a simple easy-to-understand Arabic-English translation of the Quran imported from the USA and a 4 CD set of Amina Elahi’s explanation of the whole Quran in English.
Details of the Tutor: Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad studied in an Islamic School and also memorized the Quran by heart at the age of 19. He has an MA in Islamic Studies (Distinction) from SOAS and also recently completed an intensive post-graduate course at the prestigious Al-Azhar University in Egypt. He is a qualified teacher of Religious Education and a Lawyer specializing in Employment law. He has done extensive researches on the Quran, published over a dozen articles and is the author of “The Best of Times in Islam” (IPCI, 2002). He spends most of his spare time delivering various Quran courses for the Quran Study Group (www.quranstudygroup.org) and various course providers. He is the Pioneer of the ‘Journey Through the Quran’ Course and this Ramadan’s Qur’an Course will be the 8th time that he has delivered such a course.
TESTIMONIALS FROM HAFIZ ABDULLAH’S PREVIOUS JTQ COURSES
- “The course has been amazing. Its contents, organisation, resource and presentation is 10/10. The quality of information detailed has provided more than insights. Superb!”
- “An eye-opener and thoroughly well-planned engaging course”.
- “What a blessing! I really felt the Qur’an being revealed this Ramadan to me”.
- “This course has made the Qur’an more accessible to me and has given me the confidence to read and attempt to understand the Qur’an further”.
- “The course has provided a great overview of the Qur’an. It has given me the strength and confidence to now take my path to journey through the Qur’an”.
- “The course has definitely given me a lot more understanding of the Qur’an and my obligations towards it. It has inspired me to continue learning about and understanding the Qur’an”.
- “Great to finally attend a course which is clear and concise in its content and provides an educational environment which engages both Muslim men and women”.
- “I found this course to be very beneficial and it has increased my understanding of the Qur’an. It has also encouraged me to read the Qur’an more and share it with others”.
- “If I was not in this course, I would not have gained the motivation to learn more about the Qur’an. It provides me now with focus and attention when reciting the Qur’an. It has provided a great sense of love for the Qur’an. Thus my Tilawat has increased much more, even with the limited time. Insha’Allah, may this continue”.
· “I think the topics were well presented and I enjoyed the stories. This course really felt as if I was on a journey. Jazakallah”.
- “This course has made it easier for me to approach the Qur’an and understand my obligations to it, as well as its relevance”.
- “Alhamdulillah, I personally benefited immensely. I think now I feel the Quran is more accessible to me personally and relevant than to be just an Arabic book which is used for Nasihas and talks. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your time, effort and sacrifice to teach this course 'Journey through the Qur’an'. May Allah reward you in abundance in this world and in the Hereafter. I personally have benefited a lot from the course and I do hope others did as well”.
- “I was impressed by how much the course and Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad’s teaching has enlightened and serve to heighten my love for the beautiful Qur'an. It is hard to explain in words how much the Qur'an now has made a real connection to my heart, and is ever increasing Insha'Allah. I would like to sincerely thank Hafiz Abdullah Muhammad for taking his time out to teach this course in a difficult month such as Ramadan, May Allah reward him in abundance. Thanks go also to all the guest speakers who have made the time to attend”.
2A Ashgrove Road
IG3 9XE Ilford
Quran Study Group
We are a diverse Group of brothers and sisters who meet on a regular basis to Studythe Quran.