Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2-day In-person Seminar: CAPA Systems for Medical Device Manufacturers
Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Implementing an effective system for corrective action and preventive action can be a major challenge. FDA illustrates the point in its published information on Warning Letters. FDA cited the CAPA subsystem in 81 of 89, 91%, of Warning Letters issued in 2010, the most recently available data. The CAPA subsystem includes nonconforming material, corrective and preventive action, and complaints (820.90, 820.100, 820.198). The trend continues in recent warning letters.
This interactive two-day course provides the tools you need to develop and implement an effective medical device CAPA system. In addition to FDA QSR, the course covers the corresponding requirements in ISO 13485 as well as the linkage to risk management in ISO 14971. Corrective action requirements extend beyond the basic QMS to include field actions, so the course includes adverse event reporting, Corrections & Removals, Field Safety Corrective Actions, and Field Safety Notices.
CAPA does not stand alone; it is most effective when it is an integral part of the Quality Management System and influences all of the other subsystems. The overarching objective of the course helps the participants develop the tools and methods. The course utilizes a broad variety of available material including FDA guidance documents, Global Harmonization Task Force (GHTF) guidance documents, ISO guidance documents, and European Union medical device guidance documents (MEDDEV).
- Develop the tools and methods to create an integrated CAPA system.
- Explain the difference between correction, corrective action, and preventive action and understand why they are different.
- Gain knowledge of the medical device CAPA regulatory requirements including FDA QSR and ISO 13485.
- Evaluate common problem solving and improvement methodologies, explain the quality tools, and apply them to the CAPA system.
- Understand “appropriate statistical methodology” to analyze data and identify existing and potential causes of quality problems.
- Identify the linkages between complaints, corrective action, and risk management.
- Understand the regulatory requirements for corrective actions in the field for both the US and the EU.
Date: December 06 - 07, 2012
Time: 09:00 AM-05:00 PM EDT
Cost: $1,299 : Seminar One Registration
Group Registrations :Call Toll Free +1-888-717-2436
Registration: SIgn-Up on-line now. Add to your shopping cart.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.