Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Zinc Metal Roof & Wall Panel Presentation, sponsored by IMETCO and United Zinc.
AIA Continuing Education Credits: 2
Beer & Wine will be provided
Your host, Jay Mulligan, has worked in the San Francisco Bay Area for more than 15 years, providing specifications and details, and inspecting installations for more than 1,000 roofs. During this presentation we will discuss local Installations of IMETCO’s line of United Zinc metal roof and metal wall panels.
Computerized controllers have revolutionized design and material options available.
Local projects to be discussed:
Federal Building at 50 United Nations Plaza, San Francisco
Terra Nova High School Performing Arts Center, Pacifica California
Islais Creek Motor Coach Facility, 1300 Cesar Chavez, San Francisco
Harding Park, Golf Club House, San Francisco
Benefits of Zinc:
· Longevity – Materials will last 100+ years
· High Recycled Content – 30%
· 100% recyclable
· Install labor equivalent to aluminum or galvanized steel products
· Low embodied energy – ¼ of aluminum, ½ of copper
· Not bioavailable
· The only architectural zinc sheet producted in the United States
Roof Panel Design Options:
· Convex curve,
· Concave curving
· “S-curved" panels
· Logarithmic curves and expanding radii
· Straight to curved
· Tapered up to 80’ long
· Straight up to 300’
· Upsupported spans of up to 15’.
Wall panels Design options:
· Flatlock Shingle-style metal wall panels, available in diamond or rectangular profile
· Concealed fastener
· Perforated panels
· Composite zinc panels.
· Exposed fastener
Services for Architects:
· Wind uplift calculations ASCE.
· Custom details to match the specific needs of the project
· Specification Review (product standards, scope of work, code updates)
· Plan Review (mark plans to match details, review bid sets)
· Daily onsite inspection during construction