Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Spiceworks 101: Foundations & Lab -- Boston, MA
Friday, August 17, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Welcome to Spiceworks University!
We're looking forward to bringing the following great class to your 'hood - we hope you'll join us for this full day of HANDS-ON Spiceworks training! Make sure to register by the Early Bird date (shown above in the ticket section) to get the best price.
Are you a first time user of Spiceworks? Been using it for a while but want to get extra insights from an expert user? If so, then Spiceworks 101: Foundations & Lab is the class for you!
SpiceTrainer Alex Scheidel will be your tour guide as you get a full day of Spiceworks know-how,
hands-on practice and demos. Plus, you’ll receive an official certificate of completion to proudly display! Throughout the day you'll be given time to meet up with other IT pros in your area – swap stories, tech solutions or just catch up. Here's how the day will go:
Part 1: Community & Inventory (8am - 12pm)
• What’s up with the Spiceworks Community
• Navigating the UI, and configuring your set up
• Fully inventory your network scan and avoid common pitfalls
• Keep tabs on your network with monitors, alerts and reports
LUNCH BREAK! -- (12pm-1pm)
• We'll break for an hour for lunch so you can absorb all the morning's know-how, catch up on
email, and grab a bite to eat nearby. Staying for both Part 1 and Part 2? Have lunch on us!
Part 2: Help Desk & Purchasing (1pm - 5pm)
· • How to create a help desk and manage your ticketing system
• Communication/portal management with your users
• All about the Spiceworks knowledge base and sharing articles
• • Purchasing workflows and tracking in Spiceworks
• Managing your installation and accessing Spiceworks on the go
This is a HANDS-ON class, so please bring your laptop! We’ll give you access to a demo environment to complete exercises and dig into the nitty-gritty.
Really want to give your IT muscle a work out?
We are also offering a half day of training on August 18th - the day after this one! Our SpiceTrainer will be offering Help Desk 101 Saturday.
Please direct all questions and comments to SpiceTrainer Alex Scheidel
Alex, our Connecticut-based SpiceTrainer has been working in IT for more than 12 years, plus he holds an A.S. in Computer Systems Tech and a B.I.T. in Network Administration. He’s actively involved in IT on a daily basis – checking logs, supporting users, putting out fires, and implementing projects, and he loves it! Other than tech, and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, he also loves to share his knowledge with others, and he’s very happy to help you get the most out of Spiceworks.
Find him on the community: Alex Scheidel's Profile