Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Trib U: Facebook and Privacy: What you need to know, July 17.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 9:00 AM (CDT)
You want to use Facebook, but you also want to protect your privacy. In this intermediate-level class, we will show you how to customize the privacy settings of your own Facebook profile. We will also discuss how your personal information may be used by Facebook and other businesses.
In this seminar you will learn how to:
· Limit or prevent your Facebook profile from being found.
· Limit what your colleagues or acquaintances can see of your profile.
· Prevent your friends from posting photos or videos of you without your approval.
· Prevent your friends from writing on your Facebook profile or tag you in their profiles.
· Understand how third-party applications may use your personal information.
· Understand how Facebook may track your activities on other websites.
· Decide whether you want to create a professional Facebook Page instead of a personal profile.
Our class is a lively mix of discussions, presentations and short tutorials.
So that we can jump right in together, you should have already registered an account with Facebook. A computer is not required for this class. At the start of class, attendees will receive a printed handout that follows the presentation. Afterwards, they will be emailed a PDF of the complete presentation.
This is part two in a series of three Personal Track classes for Facebook.
When & Where
Chicago Tribune - Trib Nation
For questions concerning Trib Nation Events, please email TribNation@tribune.com or call 312-222-4369.