Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
2012 California Alliance of Information and Referral Services Statewide Conference
Thursday, September 27, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
Collaborating and Creating Continuums
2012 STATEWIDE CONFERENCE
Thursday, September 27, 2012
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. - General Meetings and Intensives
The California Endowment
1000 N. Alameda St., Los Angeles, California
Breakfast Speaker: Floyd "Shad" Meshad,
President & Founder of National Veterans Foundation
The following workshops are being presented:
- "Database Best Practices" - by Dayann Shepherd, 211 Orange County and Tanya Kellam, Ventura Interface Children & Family Services
- "Ending Homelessness Among Older Adults/Elders through Supportive Housing" - by Steve Renahan, Shelter Partnership Los Angeles and Rachel Anne Caraviello, Affordable Living for the Aging
- "PTSD: The War Brought Home" - by Floyd "Shad" Meshad, National Veterans Foundation
- "Reorienting 211 LA County's Approach to Hiring Veterans and Managing its Workforce with Veteran Employees and Community Clients in Mind" - by Kathleen West, Consultant, 211 LA County
- "Quality I&R: Soup to Nuts" - by Amy Latzer, 211 LA County
- "Long-Term Care Ombusdsman Program" - Molly Davies, WISE & Healthy Aging
- "If 1% of the Community Serves the Whole Community; How Does the Whole Community Serve the Veterans?" - by Bill York, 211 San Diego
- "Coaching Concepts" - by Caroline Leverette and Elizabeth Ruiz, 211 LA County
- "Plan for Statewide Implementation of the Federal Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)Initiative" - by Ed Ahern, California Health and Human Services Agency and Ericka Danczak, County of Orange Office on Aging
- "Combat Veterans Community Treatment Court" - by Ben Gales, Public Counsel Law Center of Los Angeles, Judith A. "Jude" Litzenberger, California Veterans Legal Task Force and Coordinator, San Diego Superior Court Veterans Treatment Review Calendar Pilot Project, and Honorable Judge John Lonergan, Los Angeles Superior Court
- "Maximizing I&A Opportunities" - by Ericka Danczak, County of Orange Office on Aging
- "Assistive Technology and Independent Living" - by Martin Sweeney, Assistive Technology Consultant
ON-SITE REGISTRATION: On-site registration will be available. On-site registration fees for CAIRS Members will be $125 and for non-members will be $150.
CERTIFICATION TESTING: AIRS Certification testing will take place at 9:00am and 2:00pm. Register for the test on the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems website, www.airs.org. CAIRS charges a $25 administration fee which will be collected before testing commences.
PAYMENT BY CHECK: For your convenience,CAIRS is offering easy, online registration by credit card. However, if you wish to pay by check, make your check payable to CAIRS, and send to CAIRS, c/o 211 LA County, P.O. Box 726, San Gabriel, CA 91778. Please include your name, organization, and email address, enclose your workshop selections and indicate whether or not you need accommodations for a disability or desire a vegetarian lunch.
REFUND POLICY: Upon a written request, a full refund will be given up to one (1) week prior to the event. A 15% administration fee will apply. If a cancellation is received within one (1) week prior to the event, credit will be given for future training if offered by CAIRS within the next 12 months.
For more information on the conference and intensives, go to the CAIRS website, www.cairs.org.
When & Where
California Alliance of Information & Referral Services (CAIRS)
Founded in 1979, CAIRS is the only statewide organization dedicated exclusively to serving the needs of professionals involved in public access to human services. The mission of CAIRS is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of information and referral services based on community needs throgh leadership, education, and support.