Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
3-hr Virtual Seminar: Preventing Food Safety Recalls - A Team-based System for Eliminating Causes and Preventing Recall Losses
Thursday, June 21, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This 3-hr virtual seminar will present simple and proven techniques to prevent food recalls. It will cover causal analysis, collection and analysis of objective data, planning and teamwork, among other skill sets, to ensure successful prevention of food recalls at your organization.
Why Should You Attend:
Food safety and the associated recalls are complex issues. The FDA in the Food Safety Modernization Act has proposed a more preventive approach to food safety than has been previously employed. In order to understand prevention, it is imperative to understand and deal with causes.
While the HACCP approach is currently in vogue and pressed by the FDA, Principle 5 (Establish corrective actions) clearly reflects the erroneous thinking that corrective actions are preventive and will prevent problems from returning. Prevention requires thinking and work that goes far beyond HACCP because HACCP only sets the stage for prevention. Prevention depends on causal analysis, clear process definition, teamwork, the ability to collect and analyze objective data, the assumption of authority along with responsibility and other skill sets not currently discussed or even understood by the FDA, GFSI, ISO or the food industry.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- Flow charting.
- Ishikawa Diagrams.
- Teamwork and the importance of multiple perspectives.
- Action Planning.
- Data Collection, trending and analysis.
- Continuous Improvement.
- The difference between corrective action and preventive action.
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.