Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
LEED Innovation & Pilot Credits: Acoustics (Lunch)
Thursday, July 12, 2012 from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
Dallas, United States
LEED 250: LEED Innovation & Pilot Credits:
Category: Improvements to the Indoor Environment
Guest Speaker: Bryce Docker
With so many detailed considerations and constraints in building design and construction, why would anyone add #acoustics# to the list of concerns? We know that the positive impact of good acoustics in schools, but does it really matter in other building types? Many think that it does. The well-being, productivity and even the ability to effectively communicate can be hampered by bad acoustics. But the conversation of acoustics doesn't stop there. How many times has a meeting, or a good-nights-sleep been interrupted by outside noise? Acoustic design even impacts the exterior design of our home and other buildings. Through three LEED Pilot Credits, we explore strategies for high quality interior and exterior acoustical performance.
Guest speaker Bryce Docker will be presenting an introduction to acoustics and will be available for comment and Q&A. Please arrive early. Bryce is an acoustic consultant based in Fort Worth.
- Establish a baseline of acoustical knowledge for the general design professional
- Recognize benefits of acoustics strategies to a green building project
- Explain how LEED has evolved to address acoustics
- Determine general rules of thumb in project planning that support acoustics
- Identify possible strategies to meeting pilot credit requirements for all LEED rating systems
- Identify synergies and tradeoffs to existing credits and green building strategies
This Course is Approved for:
AIA/CES (LU) 1.5
1.5 BD+C or Homes or ID+C or ND or O+M LEED Specific
*The webinar starts promptly at 12:00 pm, so please arrive by 11:45 AM. Anyone not in attendance for 80% of the webinar will not receive a certificate.
** There is extra parking available next to the DCFA, behind the drive through bank on Harwood St.
*** Discounts available for groups of 5+, e-mail email@example.com for more information