Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Advisor Kodi presents First Aid and Emergency Preparedness Core Requirements for the Venturing Ranger Award - 2012-06-16 8:45 am to 4:00 pm
Saturday, June 16, 2012 from 8:45 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
New Brighton, MN
Venture Scouts interested in earning TWO of the 12 components for the Ranger Award can come join Advisor Kodi and friends and complete their First Aid and Emergency Preparedness core components. Any Scout is welcome at this session whether they want to earn the requirement or not. A few general notes for those participating:
1. Scouts should dress for the weather and be in their Crew uniform.
2. There is some preparation work that will be needed in order to have the core requirement recognized as being completed. Participants should be prepared prior to the class with their pre-req work.
3. Participants will be CPR certified at the end of successful completion of the day. (American Heart Certification)
4. Scouts will be working at a steady and focused pace in order to complete all requirements during the day. Lunch will be served and any special dietary requirements will need to be highlighted during the registration process.
5. It is recommended that you review the Basic First Aid and Emergency Preparedness core requirements for the Ranger Award prior to the event so you understand the spectrum of each of these requirements.
Lunch will be served (sandwich, chips, drink, and dessert) other refreshments or snacks should be brought as desired on your own
REQUIREMENTS AND PRE-REQUISITES
BASIC FIRST AID:
There are no items necessary to have ready prior to the day.
Read the Appendix - Emergency Preparedness Support Information section in the Venturing Handbook (pages 136 thru 153)
Use the outline on page 145 to set up a family emergency plan
Use the family emergency plan and the Your Family Disaster Kit section starting on page 146 to guide you in putting together a family emergency kit
Be prepared with either a trifold table top display or presentation to share with the other Venture Scouts in attendance what you have learned and planned (If you can bring you emergency kit to share that would be a bonus)
When & Where
Scoutmaster Bucky provides advancement opportunities for Boy Scouts in the areas of Merit Badges, Rank Requirements, and Training. Based out of Minneapolis-St Paul, Minnesota, the Scoutmaster Bucky program is open to ALL registered Boy Scouts of America scouting youth and adult leaders.