Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Spiceworks 101: Foundations & Lab -- Chicago, IL
Thursday, June 28, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
Arlington Heights, IL
Welcome to Spiceworks University!
We're looking forward to bringing the following great class to your 'hood - we hope you'll join us for this full day of HANDS-ON Spiceworks training!
Are you a first time user of Spiceworks? Been using it for a while but want to get extra insights from an expert user? If so, then Spiceworks 101: Foundations & Lab is the class for you!
SpiceTrainer James Stull will be your tour guide as you get a full day of Spiceworks know-how,
hands-on practice and demos. Plus, you’ll receive an official certificate of completion to proudly display! Throughout the day you'll be given time to meet up with other IT pros in your area – swap stories, tech solutions or just catch up. Here's how the day will go:
Part 1: Community & Inventory (8am - 12pm)
• What’s up with the Spiceworks Community
• Navigating the UI, and configuring your set up
• Fully inventory your network scan and avoid common pitfalls
• Keep tabs on your network with monitors, alerts and reports
LUNCH BREAK! -- (12pm-1pm)
• We'll break for an hour for lunch so you can absorb all the morning's know-how, catch up on
email, and grab a bite to eat nearby.
Part 2: Help Desk & Purchasing (1pm - 5pm)
· • How to create a help desk and manage your ticketing system
• Communication/portal management with your users
• All about the Spiceworks knowledge base and sharing articles
• • Purchasing workflows and tracking in Spiceworks
• Managing your installation and accessing Spiceworks on the go
This is a HANDS-ON class, so please bring your laptop! We’ll give you access to a demo environment to complete exercises and dig into the nitty-gritty.
Please direct all questions and comments to SpiceTrainer James Stull.
Who is SpiceTrainer James Stull?
I'm currently employed at Amazon in the Indianapolis area. I'm a Tier III Sr IT Technical Team lead and manage a team of 8 techs. I am responsible for maintaining both our Cisco infrastructure and assisting our Linux Admins. I'm very excited about teaching for Spiceworks University. I've always enjoyed teaching my profession and I look forward to helping others gain skills to leverage Spiceworks to the fullest.
Find him on the community: James Stull's Profile