Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Arizona Science Center Focused Field Trip Teacher Orientation Sponsored by APS
Arizona Science Center Teacher Orientation Sponsored by APS
This is a free, two hour workshop to introduce teachers to Arizona Science Center's philosophy and approach to Focused Field Trips. If you are planning to take a free Title 1 field trip, this orientation MUST BE TAKEN PRIOR TO YOUR FIELD TRIP DATE. The orientation includes the following:
- Preparing students for a field trip to the Science Center - what the reasearch suggests and what experience has shown
- Preparing your chaperones for field trips - how to encourage chaperones to work with students
- Pre- and post-visit activities including discussions and investigations
- Using Teacher Guides and Investigation materials
- Information about the new Framing New Pathways to Medical Discovery for Families, Students and Teachers Funded by the National Institutes of Health National Center for Research Resources
You will also receive a free Educator Membership courtesy of APS!
This orientation is for Arizona educators only, you will not be allowed to participate if you bring guests or children.
- Each individual must complete their own registration.
- Please select a Saturday if you cannot get to the Center by no later than 4:20 for Wednesday orientations.
- Please plan on being on time.
- Please park in Heritage Square Garage located at the corner of 5th & Monroe Streets; bring in your parking ticket for a discount validation. Map
- You must bring your Arizona school or district identification (paycheck stub acceptable), home school affidavit, or proof of your child's enrollment in a virtual academy.
See you soon!