Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Trail Risk Management - April 9 and 10, 2013
April 9, 10, 2013
Trail Risk Management
This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the elements associated with managing risks related to trail planning, development and management.
Topics will include:
Introduction and Overview, Developing a Risk Management Framework
- The Canadian and Ontario Legal Systems Negligence and Liability
- The Law and Trails, Insurance and the Transfer of Risk
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA)
- HIRA Application on the Trail
- On the Trail Again
- Risk Assessment Assignment to work on at home with guidance from the instructor.This course will provide a comprehensive overview of the elements associated with managing risks related to trail planning, development and management.
Instructor: Matt Cruchet
Matt Cruchet founded Direct Bearing Incorporated as a vehicle to help organizations navigate risk. Matt’s strengths lie in operational assessment where he uses his experience in the not-for-profit, youth-service, adventure travel, natural resources and emergency planning industries to evaluate and manage risk. Matt is a recognized outdoor risk management expert, consultant, author and speaker.
Direct Bearing Incorporated has also worked with over 100 other organizations ranging from youth service groups, camps, natural resource companies, adventure tourism.