Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Trib U: Creating Your Own Blog: Part Three, June 26
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CDT)
You’ve already started your own blog—now it’s time to grow your audience. In this intermediate-level class, learn to write blog posts that get shared. Then learn how to promote your blog using social media and SEO (search engine optimization).
In three hours, you will learn how to:
· Write attention-grabbing headlines that also increase your SEO
· Focus your writing into digestible blog posts
· Find photos that you have the right to re-use online
· Ask questions of your readers to encourage interactions
· Respond quickly and effectively to your readers’ comments
· Install widgets on your blog that link to the top social networks
· Integrate your blog into your Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter accounts
· Use the top social networks to find new readers for your blog
· Use free SEO tools to research what people are searching for—and thus interested in learning more about
· Use Google Analytics, a free tool, to understand how readers are finding your blog through Google search engine.
Our class is a lively on creating your own blog offers a lively mix of discussions, presentations and short tutorials. A computer is not required for this class. A computer is not required for this class. At the start of class, attendees will receive a printed handout that follows the presentation. Afterward, they will be emailed a PDF of the complete presentation. Breakfast will be served at 8:30am before the start of each class.
TribU Blogging classes are taught by Jimmy Greenfield. Jimmy has been a reporter and web site producer at Tribune since 1995. He currently runs ChicagoNow.com, the Tribune's blog network, and since its launch in 2009 has overseen the growth of ChicagoNow from six blogs to several hundred.
When & Where
Chicago Tribune - Trib Nation
For questions concerning Trib Nation Events, please email TribNation@tribune.com or call 312-222-4369.