Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Trib U: Creating Your Own Blog: Part Two, June 19
Tuesday, June 19, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CDT)
You understand how blogging works—now learn how to build your own blog. In this intermediate class, learn how to build your own blog on WordPress, a free blogging platform. Also learn how to customize your blog’s design and track your blog’s web traffic.
In three hours, you will learn how to:
· Quickly create a blog on WordPress
· Add multiple pages to your blog
· Post entries to your blog and edit previous entries
· Upload multimedia files to your blog, including photos, videos, MP3s, and PDFs
· Change the design of your blog
· Install customized widgets on your blog’s side rail
· Adjust the privacy settings of your blog
· Set up comment notification emails
· Track the traffic to your blog and understand who your visitors are
Our class is a lively on creating your own blog offers a lively mix of discussions, presentations and short tutorials. A computer is not required for this class. At the start of class, attendees will receive a printed handout that follows the presentation. Afterward, they will be emailed a PDF of the complete presentation. Breakfast will be served at 8:30am before the start of each class.
TribU Blogging classes are taught by Jimmy Greenfield. Jimmy has been a reporter and website producer at Tribune since 1995. He currently runs ChicagoNow.com, the Tribune's blog network, and since its launch in 2009 has overseen the growth of ChicagoNow from six blogs to several hundred.
When & Where
Chicago Tribune - Trib Nation
For questions concerning Trib Nation Events, please email TribNation@tribune.com or call 312-222-4369.