Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FFDU 5-A-Side, Sydney
Sunday, June 17, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Sydney, New South Wales
It’s that time of year again and we are pleased to announce we are back for another Cup of Nations tournament.
There have been quite a few enquiries and questions so I’ve decide to outline below a few of the FAQ’s and answers which will hopefully make things clear.
- The event will take place on Sunday 3rd June starting at 10:00 am prompt and is a one day tournament.
- Venue – Kikoff Centre, Harbord, Curl Curl
33 Bennett Street
Sydney, New South Wales NSW 2096
- Would expect the tournament to last until approximately 4:30 although this does depend on a prompt start.
- Match officials and Match rules plus all other football related issues will be managed by FFDU who will ensure that all runs smoothly, a full copy of the rules will be sent out prior to the event to ensure there is total clarity.
- Should there be a clash of strips in a game FFDU will provide bibs to eliminate confusion
- The event will consist of group stages to ensure all teams get to enjoy a few games with the top two from each group progressing into the knockout stages and ultimately the final.
- Whilst it is 5-A-side you can have more than this in your squad to ensure people remain fresh, up to 12 allowed per squad, although if you have 13 we can be flexible.
- Spectators are more than welcome (no idiots obviously) as we want the event to be a family friendly environment and regardless of results people enjoying themselves so feel free to bring the wife and kids.
- The tournament will run regardless of weather as the pitches we are using can easily with-stand rainy conditions, unless of course it’s deemed unsafe for players
- Costing of the day is $180 per squad, this covers venue hire, pitch hire, trophies, officials, equipment, prizes etc – the more people in the squad the cheaper it becomes.
Should you have any other questions then please do not hesitate to ask, also if you know of teams who may be interested then please free to pass on my details and they’re more than welcome to get involved.