Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
This is a 2-day event. Each day's hours are 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Go Platinum- and experience what world-class training can do.
Our immersive instructional techniques teach you Scrum by having you do Scrum- just as it is done in the real world. A small sampling of what you'll get:
• Certified ScrumMaster training by Mr. Agile® - the Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) selected by Wiley and Sons to author their iconic “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series.
• All class materials for this highly-interactive class, with examples and exercises that truly enable understanding of Scrum, by one of the few agile consulting firms that have been in business for over a decade
• Post-course assessment and Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) registration for each participant with the Scrum Alliance
• Sixteen (16) PDUs toward PMI’s PMP and PMI-ACP certifications by a PMI Registered Education Provider®
• Two-year membership for each class participant with the Scrum Alliance
• A 132-page student guide for note taking and future reference
This highly interactive certification course provides in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling. This course provides Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certification, 16 PDUs toward PMP recertification and 16 PDUs toward PMI-ACP certification.
Scrum methods support responsive development that:
• Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
• Drives efficient and effective production
• Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
• Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
• Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of Scrum and its benefits.
Topics included in this course are:
• Agile foundational concepts
– Defined vs. Empirical process control
– The Agile Manifesto
– The 12 Agile Principles
• Scrum concepts
– Theory and principles
– How the Scrum approach supports agile principles
– Planning and tracking with Scrum
– Shippable functionality and getting to Done
• Scrum roles and responsibilities
– Product Owner
– Self-organized Team
• Scrum artifacts
– Product backlog
– Release burndown
– Sprint backlog
– Sprint burndown
• Scrum meetings
– Release planning
– Sprint planning
– Daily scrum
– Sprint review
– Sprint retrospective
• Requirements analysis
– Estimating and prioritizing product backlog items
– Technical debt
– Scaling across multiple teams and multiple geographies
– Tips on, techniques for, and benefits of helping clients and management understand the Scrum system
– How to transition into use of Scrums, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges