Looks like this event has already ended.
Explore the events happening around you, or organize your very own event.
SC Mission 2012 Midlands is Friday, August 17 - Saturday, August 18 at the SC State Fairgrounds in Columbia, South Carolina. Services will be provided Friday, August 17 from 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. and Saturday, August 18 from 6:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Please note that this registration is for those wanting to register as clinical volunteers only. This includes nurses (RN’s and LPN’s only), physicians, physician extenders, advanced practitioners, physician assistants, optometric physicians, paraoptometrics, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, EKG technicians and radiology technicians.
Dentists, dental hygienists and certified dental assistants may register at http://www.scda.org/.
General volunteer registration will open early July at www.uway.org/volunteer.
Expectations for SC Mission 2012 Volunteers
SC Mission 2012 Midlands is a free healthcare event Friday, August 17- Saturday, August 18 at the SC State Fairgrounds for people living in the Midlands. Its mission is twofold:
1) Address the immediate needs of individuals
2) Help place these individuals in a medical home to receive regular care
This event is for the community to provide services for the under-served and uninsured. Services include free medical, dental, eye care and pharmacy services. Services are open to anyone 17 years old and older. This event is not for children.
The event will be coordinated and run solely by volunteers. Over 500 volunteers will be needed for the two-day event. Please consider donating your time and talents to this meaningful mission by volunteering.
There are certain expectations of all SC Mission 2012 Midlands volunteers.
· All expectations will be covered in a required online orientation before the event. Someone from SC Mission 2012 Midlands will email you to information about the required online orientation.
· Please be aware of the physical demands of volunteers. Breaks and food will be provided for all volunteers.
· All volunteers will be required to sign a waiver before volunteering. All clinical care that is provided without compensation is covered in Section 38-79-30 of our State Laws, only gross negligence can be considered for tort.
· T-shirts, meals, snacks and drinks will be provided to all volunteers.
If you have questions or concerns before registering to volunteer at SC Mission 2012 Midlands, please contact:
Dental: Phil Latham (email@example.com)
Nurses: Kristen Dickens (Kristen.Dickens@PalmettoHealth.org)
Optometrists: Jackie Rivers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Physicians, Physician Extenders, PAs: Jenny Greenhalgh (Jenny.Greenhalgh@PalmettoHealth.org)
EKG Technician and Radiology Technician: Carmen Wilson (Carmen.email@example.com)
Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians: Jennifer Bair (Jennifer.Bair@PalmettoHealth.org)