Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
ZetaWare Trinity 3D
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 5:00 PM (MDT)
Golden, United States
Instructor: Zhiyong He, ZetaWare Developer
The fee includes refreshments, workbook, and PDH certificate
ZetaWareTrinity 3D is a map-based petroleum system analysis tool with the following features:
- Basin Modeling: Integrated basin modeling of source rock maturation, migration pathways and fetch areas. Charge volume and GOR prediction. Truly easy to use: Point and click, drag and drop petroleum system workflow. OpenGL 3D visualization.
- Charge Risking: Unique probabilistic approach to charge volumes and GOR, the only Monte Carlo risking system on the market that incorporates spatial variability of geological parameters. Rank importance of geological parameters to charge risk. Provides input to reserve risking.
- Reservoir Phase and Volume: Predict reservoir fluid phases with the interactive PVT model. Determine the end results of petroleum migration. Apply engineering concepts in exploration to determine the existence of an oil leg. Validate seismic DHI models by predicting fluid properties and contacts.
- Fluid Property Prediction: Predict reservoir fluid API gravity and GOR. Using extensive empirical calibrations with hundreds of oils and source rocks from different basins. The cumulatively API gravity of expelled oil is predicted as a function of source facies type, maturity and fetch area. The charge rates, fluid type, thermal history and OWC can be used to further de-risk biodegradation.
- Shale Gas and CBM: Create sorption, solution, free compression and total gas yield (scf/ton or scf/section) maps through burial and uplift history. Interactively evaluate acreage and predict sweet spots. Calibrated with well data from several basins. Scenario-testing with different thermal regime and erosion amounts. Predicts two basic types (as well as mixed type)of shale gas. Map coal bed methane producible yield based on sorption (maturity and pressure) and permeability.
- Hot Spot: Visualize and interact with your geochemical, fluid, pvt or petrophysical data in a whole new way - in the context of your petroleum system model! Find trends and outliers in your data, relationships between your data and geology, modeling results, all in the geological context.
- Pressure prediction: Predict reservoir pressure by integrating basin modeling and seismic data. Account for arbitrary sand geometry and spatially varying background pressure. Predict maximum hydrocarbon columns and trap extent. Reduce drilling risk and costs.
The Instructor: Dr. Zhiyong He founded ZetaWare. He grew up in western China, and after high school, worked in the farm fields for three years as part of a "Re-Education" program during the "Cultural Revolution". His first job was as a cargo train "hook-up" engineer in the railroad transportation division of a steel works near the west end of the Great Wall.
Zhiyong graduated from Northwest University in 1982 with a B.S. in Geology. He received his M.S. in geology from China Petroleum University and Ph.D. in Geology from University of South Carolina in 1989. He worked for ARCO in the Exploration Research and Technical Services department from 1989. Zhiyong was the chief architect and main author of several ARCO proprietary basin modeling software packages. He received ARCO's Outstanding Technical Achievement Award for his work in developing and applying these software in petroleum exploration around the world.