Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
6/9 Leadership Conference
Saturday, June 9, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
Exciting New Direction
After wonderful discussions and feedback from leaders across the state, we (with the full blessing and support of the rest of the state executive board) are moving the conference from its original date to June 9th, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
We made this decision because the Delaware PTA want to make sure that you have all the tools you need to ensure your child(ren) receive the education they deserve. Leaders will still get position specific training, but you'll also get help/training on so much more, such as:
- Common Core Training
- Lunch 'n' Learn with other regions
- National and state PTA resources
All sessions will be interactive, and leaders will get to choose one elective in addition to their position-specific training (non-leaders or past leaders are strongly encouraged to come; we will have sessions directly aimed at them as well):
- Work session - experts on hand who can: help make a plan for restoring non-profit status, give advice for planning out specific events, support budget-writing, etc.
- Building a more engaged school community - how to better connect with parents, teachers, and administrators (includes interactive role-playing)
- Using technology & social media - use twitter and facebook to connect with membership, recruit, and publicize events
- Building a more effective unit - the nuts and bolts of running a local PTA
- Toastmasters - practice public speaking and presentation skills in a safe environment, and receive feedback
We are also looking at options for childcare and carpooling, details forthcoming.
Important Note: To give folks the option to pay via credit card or check, once you register you will be sent to a delawarepta.org page. The only way to do that through Eventbrite was to have tickets be "free." Early bird registration is $20, less with applicable discounts.
Thank you, and we sincerely hope you will be able to attend, as well as encourage the other members and leaders of your unit to attend as well (units that bring 3 or more people will get an additional 10% off each registration)!
PS: If you are interested in volunteering for the event or leading a session, please contact us. Volunteers get free registration!