Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
CWE Worcester BYB: Growing Your Business - How to Hire the Right Employees
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 from 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM (EDT)
Worcester, United States
If you do everything right during the startup phase, eventually you'll need to hire additional help. Simply put, you can't go it alone forever. The process of hiring even just one employee brings a whole new set of challenges -- laws, recruiting, interviewing and more.
Hiring the wrong person can be disastrous for a company, but a great first employee can keep your business headed in the right direction and help it grow even more quickly.
So what's the best way to embark on the hiring process for the very first time?
We will cover 8 steps to hiring quality employees:
1. Are you financially ready?
2. Determining who you need - the job description
3. Who should you hire - Employee, Temp or Independent Contractor
4. How much should you pay them - benchmarking salaries
5. Where to find people - advertising, job boards, social media
6. The weeding process - applications, screening
7. Questions to avoid during an interview
8. Credentials, reference checks, the offer
Pre-registration is required.
The Center for Women & Enterprise (CWE) will help you achieve your dream of becoming the creator and leader of your own business. CWE provides education, training, resources, and connections to help you start, grow and sustain a viable business.
CWE is a non-profit organization dedicated to giving all women the opportunity to become economically self-sufficient and prosperous through business and entrepreneurship.
Your message has been sent!
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.