Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Vegetarian Tastes from the Kitchens of Kashmir with Jyoti
Wednesday, June 20, 2012 from 6:30 PM to 8:30 PM (PDT)
Los Altos, CA
Join us on a culinary adventure as we explore authentic Regional Cuisines of India in this three part series with Culinary Instructor Jyoti.
June 20 Class - Vegetarian Tastes from the Kitchens of Kashmir
July 25 Class - Vegetarian tastes from the Kitchens of Maharashtra
August 29 Class - Vegetarian tastes from the Kitchens of Karnataka
Join Culinary Instructor Jyoti to explore authentic light and healthful vegetarian fare from the Kitchens of Kashmir, North India. The staple in Kashmiri vegetarian cuisine is rice, The Kashmiri cuisine usually uses nuts, dried fruits and spices as such turmeric, cumin powder, ginger powder and fennel powder. Most curries are yogurt or tomato based. Jyoti uses local, organic and seasonal ingredients wherever possible.
On the Menu:
- Cucumber tomato salad with walnut and kashmiri spices
- Kashmiri Pilaf ( Vegetable Pilaf made with dried fruits, nuts, saffron,carrots and peas)
- Kashmiri vegetable curry (seasonal vegetables made with yogurt and kashmiri spices)
- Aloo bukhaar chutney (Condiment made with fresh apricots, lemon juice, ginger and spices)
- Kahwah ( Kashmiri tea made with ground almond and saffron spice)