Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Master Baking/Pastry Program 6/24-11/11 3:00pm-7:00pm
Friday, June 8, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
MASTER BAKING/PASTRY PROGRAM
Please call our office if you would like to audit a Program Class free of charge!
Passionate about Baking? Thinking about a career as a Baker/Pastry Chef? Whatever your goal, we have a program or class for you. Many of CHEF ERIC’sstudents are baking professionally in restaurants and bakeries, and starting their own businesses. Many others are simply more confident in their private kitchens baking for their families, making desserts for dinner parties and creating wonderful cakes and baked items.
CULINARY BAKING/PASTRY PROGRAM - $1,400
Registration includes the CIA’s Baking/Pastry Textbook, an Embroidered Chef Jacket and Apron
Sundays, 6/24/12-8/26/12 3:00pm-7:00pm
Sundays, 9/9/12-11/11/12 3:00pm-7:00pm
· Learn fundamental Baking Skills in a comprehensive Program
· All hands-on Techniques
· Ingredients are fresh and unprocessed
· Plating and Presentation are key components
· Certificates are awarded upon completion of the Program
The program is for individuals who want to bake breads and desserts like a professional every time and feel confident enough to take that knowledge into the workplace and their homes. The program meets weekly, 4 hours a day, for ten weeks.
· Class #1 - Basic Baking, Irish Soda Bread, Ginger Scones with Orange Butter Cornbread Biscuits, Quick Breads, Gluten-Free Muffins, Lemon-Macadamia Bread, Peanut Butter and Beer Bread, French-Style Breakfast Muffins, Quick Chocolate Bread, Red Hot Cinnamon Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies, Toasted Pecan Butter Cookies – Students learn different mixing techniques and bake items without yeast.
· Class #2 - Yeast Breads, Pain de Ménage (Country Bread), Brioche-Style Bread, Focaccia Bread, Buttermilk Cheese Bread, Buttermilk Wheat Bread, Easy White Bread, Grissini Bread, Panini-Style Bread, Hamburger Buns, Whole Wheat Bread, Pizza Dough – The importance of yeast, flour and water in the composition of breads.
· Class #3 - Pie Dough and Pies – My Mom’s Pie Dough, Rice Flour Pie Crust, Apple Tarte Tatin, Lemon Tart, Chocolate Ganache Tart, Maple Syrup Tarts, Sweet Potato Pie, Lemon Meringue Pie, Peanut Butter Tart, White Chocolate and Banana Cream Tart, Peanut Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Sauce- Skills for students to make flaky or crispy pie shells for pies and tarts are introduced.
· Class #4 - Cakes and Tortes, Torte Caprese, Marjolaine Almond Cake with Espresso Cream Frosting, Carrot Ring Cake, Whipped Cream Pound Cake, Ancho Chile Devil’s Food Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting, Lavender Devil’s Food Cake, Orange Buttercream Frosting, Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, Ginger Lime Curd Coconut Cake with Marshmallow Frosting, Chocolate Madeleines, White Chocolate Cake, Rice Flour Cake – Students learn a selection of batter mixing techniques and apply them to making cakes and tortes.
· Class #5 – Soufflés, Dark Chocolate Soufflé, Vanilla Sauce, Citrus Soufflé, Orange Soufflé, Strawberry Sauce, Sweet Potato Soufflé, White Chocolate Soufflé, Fallen Chocolate Soufflé Cake, Caramel and Pear Soufflé – The importance of the egg is the focus of this class. Sweet and savory Soufflés.
· Class #6 - Puff Pastry, Quick Puff Pastry, Macadamia Nut Caramel, Ginger Pastry Cream, Classic Puff Pastry – Students will make desserts from puff pastry in a variety of recipes.
· Class #7 - Dessert Sauces, Chocolate Ganache Sauce, Cranberry Sauce, Caramel Sauce, Chocolate Sauce, Pastry Cream, Tart Dough –Students make delicious toppings along with desserts to accompany the sauces.
· Class #8 – Custards, Crème Bruleé, Cranberry Clafloutis, Crema Catalana, Maple Pot de Crème, Reduced Fat Crème Brûlée, Lavender Crème Brûlée, and Bread Pudding with Whiskey Cream – Any pastry chef will tell you that the mixture of eggs and cream can yield almost infinite variations. We explore many of them here.
· Class #9 - Ice Creams, Yogurt, Sorbets, Vanilla Ice Cream, White Chocolate-Ginger Ice Cream, Caramel Ice Cream, Chocolate Ice Cream, Crème Fraiche Ice Cream, Honey-Vanilla Frozen Yogurt, Coffee Ice Cream, Fruit and White Wine Granita, Rosemary and Mint Granite, Lime Gelato, and lots of Ice Cream Variations – Students will learn to make their own mouth-watering frozen desserts.
· Class #10 - Plated Desserts, Fruit-Stuffed Beignets, Banana-Rum Crepes, Waffles with Cardamom, Profiteroles, Ginger Pastry Cream, Chocolate Sauce, Vanilla Sauce, Espresso Cream Frosting, Caramel for Garnish – In this final class, students prepare desserts, sauces, and learn how to present them beautifully. Certificates.
“I have been waiting to take Chef Classes for many years and Chef Eric’s Culinary Classroom and
Chef Eric has made my dream come true. I have learned so much! Thank you.”
Ana Crowther - Culinary Baking I and Culinary Chef I Graduate, Cooking Instructor, Home Chef