Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Developing and Updating a “Compliant” Lab Compliance Plan (Medicare and Medicaid Focus)
Monday, June 25, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This webinar provides an easy to follow outline for developing and updating the required HHS Laboratory Compliance Plan for any provider who bills Medicare or Medicaid for services.
Why Should You Attend:
With the enactment of PPACA in 2010, Compliance Plans are now mandatory for all providers who bill Medicare and Medicaid for their services. Each provider covered by PPACA, must develop and implement a Compliance Program “appropriate to its characteristics”. This legislation is being enforced by the Office of Inspector General, OIG, within Health and Human Services, or HHS, Department.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- PPACA Legislation of 2010.
- Required Elements of the Compliance Plan.
- Definition of Medical Necessity.
- Disciplinary and corrective action related to breach of the Compliance Plan.
- Examples of documents, reviews and audits to maintain compliance.
- Ongoing review of changes to regulations.
- Investigate ways to update the Compliance Plan.
- Websites available for information.
Who Will Benefit:
- Laboratory Managers and Directors
- Administrators overseeing Clinical Laboratories
- Compliance Officers
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.