Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FREE Food Handler Training Course - Smiths Falls
Smiths Falls, ON
Free Food Handler Training Courses
Ensure you and your staff have the most up-to-date information and food
safety training. Register today for a course in a community near you.
- The 6 hour course covers the following course requirements:
- Role of the Board of Health and Public Health legislation and regulations
- Outline of food safety management principles (including HACCP)
- Safe handling, preparation and storage (including basic microbiology, safe food supplies, adverse reactions to food, safe food preparation/storage)
- Food handler hygiene
- Food premises sanitation, design and maintenance
- Prevention of food allergies, and how to respond
- Food related issues arising from floods, fires, power outages and other situations that may affect food safety.
You will receive a resource package. There will be an exam after the course. If you get over 70% on the exam, you will receive a Food Safety Training Certificate. These certificates are accepted across Ontario and may be required for employment in the food service industry.
REGISTRATION IS ON A FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED BASIS, SO CALL TODAY!
Reserve your spot today by calling the Community Health Protection Department at 613-345-5685 or 613-283-2740.
Smiths Falls Health Unit
25 Johnston St
ON K7A 1V4
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit
The LGLDHU covers a 6,329 square km area in Eastern Ontario, with a population density of 25.7 people per km. The southern part of our area borders the St. Lawrence River between Kingston and Cornwall, extending north into the Ottawa Valley. The population of Leeds, Grenville and Lanark is 170,205 people, the majority of whom live in a rural environment (58%).
Staff is distributed throughout 4 offices in the tri-county; the main office located in Brockville and satellite offices are located in Smiths Falls, Kemptville and Gananoque.