Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
This course is an introduction to Wordpress. Wordpress is a dynamic self publishing web platform that at its most basic level can be used to keep a diary, collect and publish notes and information or share videos and photos with your family and friends. Wordpress has the capability though to do almost anything you can think up – run business websites, setup an ecommerce store, fundraise for non-profits or create communities for people to share information all across the globe.
In this course we will be covering the basics of how to get started using Wordpress.
In this introduction we will cover:
1. What is Wordpress? – An intro to blogs, websites and the world wide web
2. The Dashboard – So now that I am here – what do I do?
3. Posts vs. Pages – What they are and why do we need them?
4. Themes and Appearance – How do I change the way my site looks?
5. The Sidebar – A place for all things and a thing for all places…?
6. Plugins – What is a plugin and why do I need them?
7. Widgets – Aha - I think I am starting to get it…!
8. Settings – A review of the settings panel.
9. Comments, Spam and interacting with your audience.
10. Your site, your database and backing up your work.
11. A brief summary and some Q&A.
You will also receive a handbook that will have all of the information that we covered in the workshop along with additional resources to take your skills to the next level.
We encourage you to learn, create and publish. Wordpress is an amazing tool that will allow you to do whatever you can dream up…
In completing this course you will be able to setup a Wordpress site, understand the basic settings and controls and begin a blog or website in just hours.
*This course is designed for new usersrs