Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Starting a Summer Vegetable Garden
Saturday, May 19, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (PDT)
Los Angeles, CA
Farmscape is excited to announce that we will be hosting a course on starting a summer vegetable garden in Southern California. The course will be aimed at individuals with beginner to intermediate knowledge of gardening and farming. It will emphasize topics for anyone who is interested in learning more about gardening and getting started for the summer.
Topics to be covered:
- Selecting a location in your yard.
- Evaluating the available sunlight.
- Preparing a location to grow food.
- Selecting plants for the summer season.
- Designing and laying out your garden with proper spacing.
- Companion and intensive planting methods.
- Early season pest management.
Farmscape Farmer Meredith Kotelec will teach the course. Meredith has farmed Hollywood, Atwater Village, Silver Lake, and Los Feliz for Farmscape for over a year. She has a BS in Horticulture and Crop production from the University of Maryland, and previously worked maintaining the USDA people's garden in Washington, DC. She also has extensive experience working on organic farms.
Please email email@example.com if you have additional questions.