Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organiser, or organise your very own event.
Roots and Fruits – making the most of functional foods from our fields
Wednesday, 18 July 2012 from 09:30 to 14:15 (BST)
Dundee, United Kingdom
Are you making the most of opportunities to incorporate Scotland's wealth of naturally healthy ingredients in your products? Not sure where to start?
This Food & Health Innovation Service event aims to give you lots of ideas and we'll help you take the next steps to turn them into action and new products!
Strong positive health messages are projected by ‘Five a Day’ and consumers are receptive to products incorporating fruit and vegetables making it an ideal market opportunity. Specialist market analysts such as New Nutrition Business have already identified ‘Natural Functionality’ and ‘Naturally Healthy’ as a key consumer drivers in the healthy eating and drinking sector and many global players are looking towards fruit and vegetables as a core platform for growth.
This morning event offers:
- Highlights of the latest research relevant to roots, vegetables and fruits from expert speakers
- Case studies showing how Scottish businesses have collaborated to develop new products
- Opportunities to get involved with Scottish Government supported research
- 1:1s with the expert speakers from Scottish universities, research institutes and FHIS
- Specialist tour of James Hutton Institute (JHI), our host for the day – JHI is a world-leading research centre for plant, soil and environmental sciences www.hutton.ac.uk
Speakers include: Melanie Thomson, who will speak about Thomas Thomson’s experience of developing their BerryB product and working James Hutton Institute http://www.berryb.co.uk ; Dr Charles Bestwick and Prof Garry Duthie, University of Aberdeen's Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health.
Please note that numbers are limited, so preference will be given to companies for this event.
When & Where
Interface - The knowledge connection for business
Interface - The knowledge connection for business is a free and impartial matchmaking service connecting businesses quickly and easily to world class expertise, knowledge and research facilities available in all Scotland's Universities and Research Institutes.
We work to encourage companies to consider academic support to help solve their business challenges.