Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Workshop: Traditional Boatbuilding
Monday, September 17, 2012 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
In this weekly class, students will build a traditional Maine flat bottom skiff. Construction will cover everything from lofting, building the jig, cutting the stem rabbet, spiling the planks and fitting out the interior. No boatbuilding experience is necessary, but familiarity with shop tools is a plus. The finished boat will be sold for the cost of materials at the end of class.
Mondays, starting September 17 through December 17, 6-9pm
Please register two weeks prior to start date.
When & Where
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River