Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Sailing with the Apprenticeshop
Saturday, August 18, 2012 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
August 18, 19, 25 & 26 (2 weekends) 4pm-7pm
Apprenticeshop facilities, on the waterfront in Rockland Maine
Learn the basics and beyond! Adult students learn to sail on beautiful Rockland Harbor aboard 18’ to 26’ boats. Our goal is to get you confident and competent on the water. Expect a “hands-on” approach while learning rigging and de-rigging, the winds and points of sail, leaving and landing on the dock, steering, tacking, and jibing, sail trim, basic chart reading, and safety.
Receive 12 hours of instruction under the guidance of the Apprenticeshop’s instructors who will customize the course to cover additional topics such as anchoring, basic navigation, moorings, reefing, heavy weather tactics, and more. A 4:1 student/instructor ratio allows personal attention and time steering the boat.Come discover the satisfaction of mastering new skills. It’s your chance to stop staring at the boats and start sailing!
When & Where
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River