Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Pre-Approval Statements and Representations by Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
Thursday, May 24, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM (PDT)
Palo Alto, CA
This 90-minute webinar will help you understand the problems that can occur with statements by pharmaceutical manufacturers directed to off-label uses of pharmaceuticals.
Why Should You Attend:
Off-label uses cannot be legally promoted. Promoting off-label uses may be viewed by FDA as actionable under the False Claims Act. Criminal and civil liabilities can be substantial for manufacturers. One recent settlement agreement with FDA went into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
Areas Covered in the Seminar:
- How social media interactions can be handled.
- Contours of First Amendment freedom of speech protections.
- Promotion vs dissemination of information – types of communications.
- Solicited vs unsolicited information requests.
- Legally permitted limits on Commercial speech.
- Examples of recent cases dealing with communications about off-label uses of pharmaceuticals.
Who Will Benefit:
This webinar will provide valuable assistance to all pharmaceutical companies/ manufacturing sites. Those that would benefit most would include:
- Marketing Directors / VP's
- Pharmaceutical Operations / Production Managers
- Pharmaceutical Marketing and Product Managers
- Legal department personnel
For Registration :
When & Where
At ComplianceOnline, we are focused on :
- Enhancing global compliance, creating a world where quality and compliance professionals, regulators, and government agencies come together to help the world comply with the intent and the spirit of laws, policies and mandates, ensuring continuous improvement in global operations, quality & safety.
- Making sure that we are responsible corporate citizens helping our constituents build a more responsible enterprise, one which operates with high quality , under a code of ethics, and with process discipline to ensure greater shareholder returns.
- Keeping things simple and straight forward , so that we all can indeed improve the quality of our processes, our work, our businesses and enhance compliance globally.
- Being inclusive, giving the process experts ( & novices! ), compliance professionals, quality champions, and regulatory agencies a voice so that all of us can contribute and make a difference.