Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Lecture: Treasures of our Collection
Thursday, November 29, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM (EST)
Treasures of our Collection Lecture & Gallery Tour:
In fifty years as an institution, Maine Maritime Museum has amassed over 21,000 objects, 3,000,000 manuscript items, and 130,000 photographs. Now, for our Golden Jubilee Year, we’ve compiled a retrospective exhibition of the best of our best. Join Senior Curator Nathan Lipfert and Guest Curator Charles E. Burden, MD as they highlight some of the unique treasures of the collections, and discuss some that didn’t quite make the cut. Following the presentation, guests will take a closer look at the exhibit, guided by Mr. Lipfert and Dr. Burden, who will present the stories and unique insights that only two so intimately connected with the collections could offer.
When & Where
Maine Maritime Museum
Maine Maritime Museum offers a myriad of opportunities to explore Maine’s maritime heritage and culture and to experience the mystique of Maine.
Visitors can find:
- -fascinating exhibits brimming with art and artifacts
- -contemporary, interactive areas for children and adults
- -an historic shipyard with five of the original 19th century buildings
- -a Victorian-era shipyard owners home
- -an active waterfront
- -a life-size sculptural representation of the largest wooden sailing vessel ever built
- -a scenic campus on the bank of the Kennebec River