Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Volunteer Management with Diana Smyth
Monday, November 26, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Oxford Station, ONTARIO
This program will be of practical use and interest to anyone working with volunteers including recruitment, training and how to retain volunteers for building and managing trails.
Course Objective: To provide trail managers with tools and skills required to properly recruit, train, and retain volunteers as part of the trail building and management process.
Course Details: This 1 day, 7 hour module will focus on identifying and understanding the volunteering cycle to address current and future volunteering needs for the organization, leading to building a volunteer management tool kit. The session will consist of both theory and practical training.
1. Why do people want to volunteer? Who is your volunteer coordinator?
2. The Volunteer Cycle
3. Trail Advocacy and Issues (bringing the values and benefits of trails to the attention of the public, user groups and decision makers)
At the end of the module, students should be able to:
•understand the volunteering cycle;
•prepare a volunteer role outline;
•prepare a volunteer plan based on the volunteering cycle;
• gain appreciation of the value of volunteers in supporting or even managing trails‐
related organizations, and in terms of funding for the organization;
• understand the unique dynamic of working with and supervising volunteers;
• be stronger advocates for trails and reach out to the larger trails community.