Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
HSE Emergency First Aid at Work
Tuesday, July 3, 2012 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (BST)
Surrey, United Kingdom
HSE 1 Day Emergency First Aid at Work
This course is for anyone wanting to become an accredited first aider or an already 'appointed person' wishing to extend the scope of their skills, staff who work in lower hazard environments, small shops or businesses who have fewer staff or where HSE guidelines indicate staff should be trained and hold a certificate in emergency first aid at work.
Please note, if you have staff members with asthma, allergies, diabetes or a heart condition - and these are detailed in your risk assessment - the HSE recommend that you consider completing the course. This is because these conditions are no longer covered in the first aid for appointed persons or emergency first aid at work course.
· The role of the first aider
· Communicating with a casualty
· Contents of first aid kits (and avoiding cross infection)
· Recording of incidents and accidents
· Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
· Administer first aid to a casualty who; is unconscious, requires cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR), is choking, is wounded or bleeding, is in shock, has minor conditions - to include: minor cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns & scalds & small splinters.
All successful students will be issued with an Emergency at Work First Aid at Work (EFAW) Certificate, which lasts for a period of 3 years. We recomend refreshing your skills every 12 months.
The course will be completed in one day and will also be of interest to those working in voluntary organisations, those completing Duke of Edinburgh Gold Awards and those who wish to enrich their CV for university and employment applications.
When & Where
Wemms Maths Unlimited
Experienced, UK trained, Leading Maths and ScienceTeachers offering cutting edge Revision Courses for A level,IB, Further Maths, GCSE and Common Entrance.
Please view our website www.wemmsmathsunlimited.com for further information