Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Thursday, June 4, 2009 from 8:00 AM to 7:00 AM (EDT)
New York, NY
Startup 2009 will showcase 10 top startups competing for bragging rights, buzz, and a $50,000 prize.
Silicon Alley Insider presents this first annual forum for outstanding entrepreneurs and early-stage companies to meet VCs, investors, journalists, and other members of the East Coast startup community.
Startup 2009 will be a one-day conference featuring interviews with entrepreneurs, expert panels, networking, and a 10-company startup contest. Committed speakers include:
- Jason Calacanis, Founder/CEO Mahalo, founder Weblogs, former EIR at Sequoia.
- John Battelle, Founder/Chairman/CEO, Federated Media; author The Search and Searchblog, former CEO, The Industry Standard
- George Bell, partner General Catalyst; former CEO Excite
- Kevin Ryan, CEO Alleycorp; former CEO Doubleclick; founder Gilt Groupe, Silicon Alley Insider, Shopwiki, Panther, 10gen
- Jeanne Sullivan, general partner, StarVest Partner
- David Pakman, partner Venrock, former CEO eMusic
- Eric Hippeau, managing partner, SoftBank Capital
- Rick Heitzmann, founder/Managing Director, FirstMark Capital
- Matt Marshall, Editor-in-Chief of VentureBeat and Executive Producer of DEMO
Emerging online companies were invited to submit applications to present at the conference. We will choose 10 finalists from the pool of applicants to present at the conference. One of the presenting companies will win a $50,000 prize, which will consist of a $25,000 cash investment from General Catalyst Partners and $25,000 of in-kind services. The latter will include:
- Up to 6 months of office space in NYC.
- Marketing campaign with Silicon Alley Insider.
- Legal services from a top-notch law firm.
For more information, visit Silicon Alley Insider.
Students: Please use your school email address when you purchase your ticket and bring a valid student ID to the conference.
There is a limited number of student tickets available.